拉撒路夫人松子 译

Lady Lazarus西尔维娅·普拉斯(希薇亚·普拉斯)


我又做到了。
I have done it again.
每十年
One year in every ten
我就能做到一次——
I manage it——

一种活生生的奇迹,我的肌肤
A sort of walking miracle, my skin
明亮得像纳粹灯罩,
Bright as a Nazi lampshade,
我的右脚
My right foot

像一块镇纸,
A paperweight,
我的面孔,一块毫无特征、上等的
My face a featureless, fine
犹太亚麻布。
Jew linen.

剥下这餐巾,
Peel off the napkin
哦我的敌人,
O my enemy.
我吓人吗?
Do I terrify?——

这鼻子,这眼窝,这满嘴的牙?
The nose, the eye pits, the full set of teeth?
这酸腐的口臭,
The sour breath
将在一天内消散。
Will vanish in a day.

很快,很快这坟墓吞噬的血肉
Soon, soon the flesh
将会如归家般
The grave cave ate will be
回到我身上。
At home on me

而我,一个微笑的女人。
And I a smiling woman.
我才三十岁,
I am only thirty.
和猫一样有九条命。
And like the cat I have nine times to die.

这是第三条,
This is Number Three.
真是贱命一条,
What a trash
每十年就毁灭一次。
To annihilate each decade.

这上百万条纤维,
What a million filaments.
让这群嚼着花生的人,
The peanut-crunching crowd
争先恐后地挤进来看。
Shoves in to see

他们把我从头到脚剥光——
Them unwrap me hand and foot——
好一场盛大的脱衣舞啊,
The big strip tease.
先生们,女士们,
Gentlemen, ladies

这是我的双手,
These are my hands
我的膝盖。
My knees.
我也许瘦得皮包骨头,
I may be skin and bone,

但是,我还是原来那个,一模一样的女人,
Nevertheless, I am the same, identical woman.
第一次发生时我十岁。
The first time it happened I was ten.
那是一场意外。
It was an accident.

第二次是我有意为之,
The second time I meant
想把它耗尽,不让它再回来。
To last it out and not come back at all.
我摇晃着紧闭,
I rocked shut

像一只贝壳。
As a seashell.
他们不得不反复呼喊,
They had to call and call
从我身上摘下蠕虫,像摘下粘腻的珍珠。
And pick the worms off me like sticky pearls.

死亡,
Dying
像万事万物一样,是一门艺术。
Is an art, like everything else.
我尤善此道。
I do it exceptionally well.

我这样做,才能感到如在地狱。
I do it so it feels like hell.
我这样做,才能感到真实。
I do it so it feels real.
我猜,你会说我受到了召唤。
I guess you could say I’ve a call.

在小屋里,这非常简单。
It’s easy enough to do it in a cell.
之后一动不动,这非常简单。
It’s easy enough to do it and stay put.
戏剧性的是
It’s the theatrical

在大白天魂魄归来,
Comeback in broad day
回到原本的地方,原本这张脸,原本这只畜生
To the same place, the same face, the same brute
高兴地喊叫:
Amused shout:

“一个奇迹!”
‘A miracle!’
这把我击垮。
That knocks me out.
人们付费
There is a charge

来亲眼目睹我的伤疤;人们付费
For the eyeing of my scars, there is a charge
来亲耳聆听我的心跳——
For the hearing of my heart——
它真的在跳。
It really goes.

人们付费,付很大一笔
And there is a charge, a very large charge
来听我说个词儿,或者摸我一下,
For a word or a touch
或者得到一点我的血、
Or a bit of blood

头发或衣服。
Or a piece of my hair or my clothes.
好吧,好吧,医生先生。
So, so, Herr Doktor.
好吧,敌人先生。
So, Herr Enemy.

我是你的作品,
I am your opus,
我是你的珍藏、
I am your valuable,
你纯金的宝贝儿,
The pure gold baby

融化成一声尖叫。
That melts to a shriek.
我转身,燃烧。
I turn and burn.
别以为我低估了你的满腹关怀。
Do not think I underestimate your great concern.

灰烬,灰烬——
Ash, ash—
你又戳又拨。
You poke and stir.
肉、骨头,那里啥也没剩——
Flesh, bone, there is nothing there——

一块肥皂,
A cake of soap,
一只结婚戒指,
A wedding ring,
一颗填充金牙。
A gold filling.

上帝先生,魔鬼先生,
Herr God, Herr Lucifer
小心,
Beware
小心,
Beware.

从那灰烬中
Out of the ash
红发的我升起,
I rise with my red hair
我吃人如吃下空气。
And I eat men like air.


添加译本