佛罗里达最美的七月是我们第一次在那闪烁的爆发中度过的那一刻,
The finest July in Florida was the one we had first in the swell of our glittered
那时候夏天用尽所有阳光,来为我们的对话腾出空间,
combustion, the one where summer used all its sun to bleach room
时间漫长而懒散,足以让我变得自满,
for our conversation, time long & languid enough to make me complacent
以至于我未经审视的判断悄悄溜到后排,
enough that my unexamined judge
我们一起开车兜风,静静地听着流行音乐电台,直到它激发出我
slipped into the backseat unnoticed & road tripped
得意的宣告:
along with our pop radio silently until inspiring
my smug announcement:
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!
yeah yeah yeah
如果没有音乐,它不会也不能独立存在,
孤零零,光秃秃,
wouldn’t & could never hold its own without
无法升华为一首精致的诗行。
music, never rise as a fine line for a poem, being
这句话脱口而出,
as it is all singular & naked. I said this without any doubt
却又是口齿不清的自言自语。
stumbling over my tongue, standing only
而她只问了一个问题:
on me. But all she had to say was
Why not?
why not
让世界的色彩和我言语的无力,涌向许多
for the world’s color & my speechlessness to flush into so many
苍白的地方。她的问题是镁光突闪,我们的车
washed out places. She asked one magnesium question & our car
把路变成了虹彩的上坡,它的翅膀突然吃上力道。
turned the road into a neon ramp & bore down on its wings.
她掀去了我病态的蟹壳——我变得纯粹
She cured this crab of its shell— I came clean
如一只动物:带着精确的饥饿,未被世界伤害。我的脉搏跳出手腕
as an animal: with a precise hunger, unharmed. My pulse skipped out
呼唤更多的力量。我生活在远离“自我”的可能世界。
to call for more muscle. I lived in a possible world away from myself.
每一次呼吸都排队通过长长的蕾丝面纱,走入我的肺部。
Each breath walked into my lungs single file through a long lace veil.
那个季节我得到的正确的教导,我至今依然举手
Taught proper that season, I still lift my hands
对着我们的天窗,只是为了注意到我的手掌
against our sunroof just to notice my palms
如同棱镜般清澈,分割着光线,仅仅因为它可以。
clear as prisms, splitting the light just because.