Craft Lesson Disguised as Love Poem大卫·艾琳

伪装成写作技巧课的情诗光诸 译


The finest July in Florida was the one we had first in the swell of our glittered
佛罗里达最美的七月是我们第一次在那闪烁的爆发中度过的那一刻,
combustion, the one where summer used all its sun to bleach room
那时候夏天用尽所有阳光,来为我们的对话腾出空间,
for our conversation, time long & languid enough to make me complacent
时间漫长而懒散,足以让我变得自满,
enough that my unexamined judge
以至于我未经审视的判断悄悄溜到后排,
slipped into the backseat unnoticed & road tripped
我们一起开车兜风,静静地听着流行音乐电台,直到它激发出我
along with our pop radio silently until inspiring
得意的宣告:
my smug announcement:


Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!
yeah yeah yeah


如果没有音乐,它不会也不能独立存在,
wouldn’t & could never hold its own without
孤零零,光秃秃,
music, never rise as a fine line for a poem, being
无法升华为一首精致的诗行。
as it is all singular & naked. I said this without any doubt
这句话脱口而出,
stumbling over my tongue, standing only
却又是口齿不清的自言自语。
on me. But all she had to say was
而她只问了一个问题:

why not
Why not?

for the world’s color & my speechlessness to flush into so many
让世界的色彩和我言语的无力,涌向许多
washed out places. She asked one magnesium question & our car
苍白的地方。她的问题是镁光突闪,我们的车
turned the road into a neon ramp & bore down on its wings.
把路变成了虹彩的上坡,它的翅膀突然吃上力道。
She cured this crab of its shell— I came clean
她掀去了我病态的蟹壳——我变得纯粹

as an animal: with a precise hunger, unharmed. My pulse skipped out
如一只动物:带着精确的饥饿,未被世界伤害。我的脉搏跳出手腕
to call for more muscle. I lived in a possible world away from myself.
呼唤更多的力量。我生活在远离“自我”的可能世界。
Each breath walked into my lungs single file through a long lace veil.
每一次呼吸都排队通过长长的蕾丝面纱,走入我的肺部。

Taught proper that season, I still lift my hands
那个季节我得到的正确的教导,我至今依然举手
against our sunroof just to notice my palms
对着我们的天窗,只是为了注意到我的手掌
clear as prisms, splitting the light just because.
如同棱镜般清澈,分割着光线,仅仅因为它可以。


添加译本