那位园丁走后,这座花园
When the gardener has gone this garden
显得失意伤感,像是等待着一件大事。
Looks wistful and seems waiting an event.
它是如此整洁,伊甸的一个隐喻
It is so spruce, a metaphor of Eden
自从那位园丁走后更是如此,
And even more so since the gardener went,
静静地犹如神明,但是当然,他
Quietly godlike, but of course, he had
没有让我承诺任何事,我也没有
Not made me promise anything and I
受到引诱去作那错误的
Had no one tempting me to make the bad
选择。但我依然感到迷茫,想知道为什么。
Choice. Yet I still felt lost and wonder why.
就连隔壁那棵山毛榉树——它分享
Even the beech tree from next door which shares
自己的阴影给我——也像是一种威胁。
Its shadow with me, seemed a kind of threat.
每样东西都太整洁了,有人照料着
Everything was too neat, and someone cares
以那错误的方式。我本不必站得太久
In the wrong way. I need not have stood long
被修剪过的草坪的气味嘲笑,但
Mocked by the smell of a mown lawn, and yet
我还是这么做了。伊甸的渴望如此强烈。
I did. Sickness for Eden was so strong.