FIRST MARRIAGEIra Sadoff

初婚光诸 译

After David
(灵感来自大卫的油画)

In this dream, I was Marat in the tub
梦里,我是浴缸里的马拉,
and she came to stab me. As in our old life,
而她前来刺杀我。如同往日时光,

I played the martyr, fierce and unforgiving.
我扮演着烈士,激烈而又绝不饶恕。
In bed we spoke the gibberish of strangers,
在床上,我们陌生人一般胡言乱语,

and we hectored each other endlessly
无休止地让对方难堪
before we could finally walk away.
直到我们终于离开彼此,

Even then I knew hate poisons everyone,
即使那时我就知道仇恨会毒害每个人。
so in my bath, in my dream, I blessed her.
所以在浴缸里,在我的梦中,我祝福她。

The bath was milky, medicinal,
浴缸里的水像牛奶一样浓稠,具有药力,
meant to disinfect the wounds.
可以消毒伤口。

She stayed with me a while, the shadow
她陪伴了我一会儿,或者那是她的影子,
of her, until she pulled back
直到她退回

into the world we left each other for.
那个让我们彼此离开的世界。


添加译本