Senior Discount艾莉·利布洁

老年折扣光诸 译


I want to grow old with you.
我想和你一起变老。
Old, old.
老,老到不行。

So old we pad through the supermarket
老到在超市里蹒跚而行,
using the shopping cart as a cane that steadies us.
用购物车做支撑我们的拐杖。

I’ll wait at register two in my green sweater
我会在二号收银台等你,
with threadbare elbows, smiling
穿着我的绿色毛衣,胳膊肘都磨破了
because you’ve forgotten the bag of day-old pastries.
笑着,因为你忘了那袋隔夜的糕点。

The cashier will tell me a joke about barbers as I wait.
收银员会给我讲一个关于理发师的笑话,
He repeats the first line three times
他把第一句重复了三遍,
but the only word I understand is barber.
我只听懂了“理发师”。

Over the years we’ve caught inklings
这些年来,我们渐渐察觉到
of our shrinking frames and hunched spines.
我们日渐萎缩的身躯和佝偻的背影。

You’re a little confused
你有点糊涂了,
looking for me at the wrong register with a bag
在错误的收银台找我,
of almost-stale croissants clenched in your hand.
手里紧紧攥着一袋快要过期的羊角面包。

The first time I held your hand it felt enormous in my own.
第一次牵你的手,感觉它在我手中无比巨大。
Sasquatch, I teased you, a million years ago.
大脚怪,我曾经这样嘲弄你,仿佛在一百万年前。

Over here, I yell, but not in a mad way.
我在这边,我喊道,但不是生气地喊。

We’re laughing.
我们在笑。
You have a bright yellow pin on your coat that says, Shalom!
你的外套上别着一枚鲜黄色的徽章,上面写着“Shalom!”(注1)

Senior Discount, you say.
老年折扣,你说。
But the cashier already knows us.
但收银员已经认识我们了。
We’re everyone’s favorite customers.
我们是大家最喜欢的顾客。

译注1:Shalom 是希伯来语的“和平”的意思,是美国比较常用的问候语之一。


添加译本