这是尘世吗?那么
This is the earth? Then
我不属于这儿。
I don't belong here.
你是谁,在这亮灯的窗子里,
Who are you in the lighted window,
在此刻桤叶荚蒾树摇曳的
shadowed now by the flickering leaves
树叶的浓荫里?
of the wayfarer tree?
你能活下去吗,在我熬不过
Can you survive where I won't last
第一个夏天的地方?
beyond the first summer?
纤细的树枝整晚
All night the slender branches of the tree
都在明亮的窗前摇摆,飒飒作响。
shift and rustle at the bright window.
请向我解释我的生命,你毫无动静,
Explain my life to me, you who make no sign,
尽管在夜里我向你呼喊:
though I call out to you in the night:
与你不同,我只有
I am not like you, I have only
将我的身体当作声音:我不能
my body for a voice; I can’t
消失在沉默里——
disappear into silence—
而在寒冷的清晨,
And in the cold morning
在尘世暗沉的大地上,
over the dark surface of the earth
我的声音回声飘荡,
echoes of my voice drift,
我的白被平稳地吸入幽暗,
whiteness steadily absorbed into darkness
仿佛你终于做出回应,
as though you were making a sign after all
为了让我相信你也无法在这儿生存,
to convince me you too couldn’t survive here
或者为了告诉我你不是我呼唤的光芒,
or to show me you are not the light I called to
只是那光芒后面的黑暗。
but the blackness behind it.