我曾久宅于巍巍广厦,
Long since, I lived beneath vast porticoes,
披浴于海上阳光的火红,
By many ocean-sunsets tinged and fired,
晚来,它们高挺的石柱
Where mighty pillars, in majestic rows,
使人恍如置身玄武岩洞。
Seemed like basaltic caves when day expired.
海浪摇拨着蓝天的倒影,
The rolling surge that mirrored all the skies
庄严地,也略带秘诡,
Mingled its music, turbulent and rich,
把宅于如乐的丰盈的至高谐音
Solemn and mystic, with the colours which
揉进映满我眼帘的夕晖。
The setting sun reflected in my eyes.
我宅于斯,沉浸于欢忭无边,
And there I lived amid voluptuous calms,
寄身于华彩,轻浪和蓝天,
In splendours of blue sky and wandering wave,
而遍体浸抹香油的裸奴
Tended by many a naked, perfumed slave,
拂我之额以棕榈叶的清凉,
Who fanned my languid brow with waving palms.
他们唯一操心的是加强
They were my slaves — the only care they had
那折磨我的神秘的忧郁。
To know what secret grief had made me sad.