写于佛罗伦萨至比萨途中张子健 译

All for Love拜伦


哦,别跟我谈论故事中那些伟大的名字,
Oh, talk not to me of a name great in story;
年轻时的岁月就是我们辉煌的岁月:
The days of our youth are the days of our glory;
甜蜜的二十二岁的常春藤和桃金娘
And the myrtle and ivy of sweet two-and-twenty
比得上你所有的桂冠,不管它们曾经有多少。
Are worth all your laurels, though ever so plenty.

对布满皱纹的额头来说,花冠和王冠又算得了什么?
What are garlands and crowns to the brow that is wrinkled?
那不过是洒上五月朝露的一朵死花。
’Tis but as a dead flower with May-dew besprinkled:
不如把这一切从苍白的头上扔掉!
Then away with all such from the head that is hoary!
对于象征荣誉的花环我又有什么好在乎的呢?
What care I for the wreaths that can only give glory?

哦,美名!如果我曾从你的赞扬中得到欣喜,
O Fame! —If I e'er took delight in thy praises,
那并不仅仅是为了你夸夸其谈的辞句,
’Twas less for the sake of thy high-sounding phrases,
我是想看到心上人明亮的双眼,
Than to see the bright eyes of the dear one discover
她认为我并非一无是处。
She thought that I was not unworthy to love her.

主要是因为这个,我才追寻你,也只有我能发现你,
There chiefly I sought thee, there only I found thee;
她的目光是围绕着你的最美的光线;
Her glance was the best of the rays that surround thee;
如果听到我灿烂的故事,她的眼睛闪亮,
When it sparkled o'er aught that was bright in my story,
我知道那就是爱,我感觉那才是荣耀。
I knew it was love, and I felt it was glory.


添加译本