新年李晖 译

New Year卡罗尔·安·达菲


像一条披肩,我让这濒死之年
I drop the dying year behind me like a shawl
在我身后掉落。急促的烟火将自己
and let it fall. The urgent fireworks fling themselves
冲向黑夜,欲望之花,爱的炽烈
against the night, flowers of desire, love's fervency.
站在这里,自我周围的空间我设想你缺席的
Out of the space around me, standing here, I shape
身体靠着我,触摸我如同这奉送的空气。
your absent body against mine. You touch me as the giving air.

最远,又最近,你的双臂是黑暗,环抱我
Most far, most near, your arms are darkness, holding me,
于是我仰起头,默读上天在光中谈说,星星
so I lan back, lipread the heavens talking on in light,
是它的音节。最后,我看见,它们对我们祈祷。你的呼吸
syllabic stars. I see, at last, they pray at us. Your breath
是午夜的气息,真实地在我的皮肤,穿过你我间遥远的距离
is midnight's, living, on my skin, across the miles between us,
穿过原野,高速公路和城镇,万千房屋亮起的点点灯火
Fields and motorways and towns, the million lit-up little homes.


This love we have, grief in reverse, full rhyme, wrong place,
我们的这份爱,逆行的悲伤,全押韵,错误的地方,
wrong time, sweet work for hands, the heart's vocation, flares
错误的时间,为手的甜蜜劳作,心的使命,引领
to guide the new year in, the days and nights far out upon the sky's
新年来临的火光,天空幽暗的海洋之上,杳远的昼夜。
dark sea. Your mouth is snow now on my lips, cool, intimate, first kiss,
你的嘴是此刻我唇上的雪,冰凉,隐秘,一流的吻,
a vow. Time falls and falls through endless space, to when we are.
一句誓言。时间坠落而坠落,穿过无尽的空间,到我们所在的时刻


添加译本