Up-Hill克里斯蒂娜·罗塞蒂

登高照朗 译


Does the road wind up hill all the way?
这条路总这般向上盘旋?
Yes, to the very end.
            是的,直到终结以后。
Will the day's journey take the whole long day?
今日路程将要花去整个白天?
From morn to night, my friend.
            从清晨到夜晚,我的朋友。

But is there for the night a resting-place?
但哪里会有过夜的地方?
A roof for when the slow dark hours begin.
            当漫长夜幕降临,会有一个屋檐。
May not the darkness hide it from my face?
它会否从我面前藏入黑暗?
You cannot miss that inn.
            你不会找不到那个小店。

Shall I meet other wayfarers at night?
夜里我会否遇见同路的人?
Those who have gone before.
            有许多人行在了前边。
Then must I knock, or call when just in sight?
当我见着,需是呼召或是叩门?
They will not keep you standing at that door.
            旅店的人不会让你久等门前。

Shall I find comfort, travel-sore and weak?
旅途困顿又疲乏,我能否得着慰藉?
Of labor you shall find the sum.
            那些劳苦会有报酬总归。
Will there be beds for me and all who seek?
那里将会有床,备给我和所有来客?
Yea, bed for all who come.
            是啊,凡是来者都有床位。


添加译本