A Milkweed
乳草
Anonymous as cherubs
像天使一样无名
Over the crib of God,
飞翔在上帝的摇篮上,
White seeds are floating
白色的种籽漂浮
Out of my burst pod.
自我爆裂的荚壳。
What power had I
在我学会屈服之前
Before I learned to yield?
我有什么力量?
Shatter me, great wind:
吹散我,大风:
I shall possess the field
我将拥有田野。
A Stone
石头
As casual as cow-dung
像牛粪一样偶然
Under the crib of God,
遗落在上帝的牛棚下,
I lie where chance would have me,
我躺在命运拥有我的地方,
Up to the ears in sod.
直到耳根埋进土壤。
Why should I move? To move
我为什么要挪动?挪动
Befits a light desire.
源于轻薄的愿望。
The sill of heaven would founder,
天堂的基石将会坍塌,
Did such as I aspire.
假如我如此渴望。