I have done it again.
我又做到了。
One year in every ten
每十年
I manage it——
我就能做到一次——
A sort of walking miracle, my skin
一种活生生的奇迹,我的肌肤
Bright as a Nazi lampshade,
明亮得像纳粹灯罩,
My right foot
我的右脚
A paperweight,
像一块镇纸,
My face a featureless, fine
我的面孔,一块毫无特征、上等的
Jew linen.
犹太亚麻布。
Peel off the napkin
剥下这餐巾,
O my enemy.
哦我的敌人,
Do I terrify?——
我吓人吗?
The nose, the eye pits, the full set of teeth?
这鼻子,这眼窝,这满嘴的牙?
The sour breath
这酸腐的口臭,
Will vanish in a day.
将在一天内消散。
Soon, soon the flesh
很快,很快这坟墓吞噬的血肉
The grave cave ate will be
将会如归家般
At home on me
回到我身上。
And I a smiling woman.
而我,一个微笑的女人。
I am only thirty.
我才三十岁,
And like the cat I have nine times to die.
和猫一样有九条命。
This is Number Three.
这是第三条,
What a trash
真是贱命一条,
To annihilate each decade.
每十年就毁灭一次。
What a million filaments.
这上百万条纤维,
The peanut-crunching crowd
让这群嚼着花生的人,
Shoves in to see
争先恐后地挤进来看。
Them unwrap me hand and foot——
他们把我从头到脚剥光——
The big strip tease.
好一场盛大的脱衣舞啊,
Gentlemen, ladies
先生们,女士们,
These are my hands
这是我的双手,
My knees.
我的膝盖。
I may be skin and bone,
我也许瘦得皮包骨头,
Nevertheless, I am the same, identical woman.
但是,我还是原来那个,一模一样的女人,
The first time it happened I was ten.
第一次发生时我十岁。
It was an accident.
那是一场意外。
The second time I meant
第二次是我有意为之,
To last it out and not come back at all.
想把它耗尽,不让它再回来。
I rocked shut
我摇晃着紧闭,
As a seashell.
像一只贝壳。
They had to call and call
他们不得不反复呼喊,
And pick the worms off me like sticky pearls.
从我身上摘下蠕虫,像摘下粘腻的珍珠。
Dying
死亡,
Is an art, like everything else.
像万事万物一样,是一门艺术。
I do it exceptionally well.
我尤善此道。
I do it so it feels like hell.
我这样做,才能感到如在地狱。
I do it so it feels real.
我这样做,才能感到真实。
I guess you could say I’ve a call.
我猜,你会说我受到了召唤。
It’s easy enough to do it in a cell.
在小屋里,这非常简单。
It’s easy enough to do it and stay put.
之后一动不动,这非常简单。
It’s the theatrical
戏剧性的是
Comeback in broad day
在大白天魂魄归来,
To the same place, the same face, the same brute
回到原本的地方,原本这张脸,原本这只畜生
Amused shout:
高兴地喊叫:
‘A miracle!’
“一个奇迹!”
That knocks me out.
这把我击垮。
There is a charge
人们付费
For the eyeing of my scars, there is a charge
来亲眼目睹我的伤疤;人们付费
For the hearing of my heart——
来亲耳聆听我的心跳——
It really goes.
它真的在跳。
And there is a charge, a very large charge
人们付费,付很大一笔
For a word or a touch
来听我说个词儿,或者摸我一下,
Or a bit of blood
或者得到一点我的血、
Or a piece of my hair or my clothes.
头发或衣服。
So, so, Herr Doktor.
好吧,好吧,医生先生。
So, Herr Enemy.
好吧,敌人先生。
I am your opus,
我是你的作品,
I am your valuable,
我是你的珍藏、
The pure gold baby
你纯金的宝贝儿,
That melts to a shriek.
融化成一声尖叫。
I turn and burn.
我转身,燃烧。
Do not think I underestimate your great concern.
别以为我低估了你的满腹关怀。
Ash, ash—
灰烬,灰烬——
You poke and stir.
你又戳又拨。
Flesh, bone, there is nothing there——
肉、骨头,那里啥也没剩——
A cake of soap,
一块肥皂,
A wedding ring,
一只结婚戒指,
A gold filling.
一颗填充金牙。
Herr God, Herr Lucifer
上帝先生,魔鬼先生,
Beware
小心,
Beware.
小心,
Out of the ash
从那灰烬中
I rise with my red hair
红发的我升起,
And I eat men like air.
我吃人如吃下空气。