Is My Team PloughingA·E·豪斯曼

我惯于使唤的牲口飞白 译


“Is my team ploughing,
“我惯于使唤的牲口
   That I was used to drive
是否仍在犁田?
And hear the harness jingle
我听惯它们的铃铛
   When I was man alive?”
当我还活在人间。”

Ay, the horses trample,
是的,铃铛仍在丁当,
   The harness jingles now;
牲口仍在犁田;
No change though you lie under
一切如常,尽管你已躺在
   The land you used to plough.
你犁过的土地下面。

“Is football playing
“在那河边的滩地
   Along the river shore,
是否仍比赛足球?
With lads to chase the leather,
如今当我已不能立起,
   Now I stand up no more?”
青年们是否仍追皮球?”

Ay the ball is flying,
是的,皮球照常在飞,
   The lads play heart and soul;
青年们仍鼓足劲头;
The goal stands up, the keeper
球门仍立着,门将仍立着,
   Stands up to keep the goal.
努力把球门把守。

“Is my girl happy,
“我的姑娘是否幸福?
   That I thought hard to leave,
我对她真难以割舍。
And has she tired of weeping
到晚上她躺下来安睡,
   As she lies down at eve?”
是否早已经哭累?”

Ay, she lies down lightly,
是的,她躺下得轻松,
   She lies not down to weep:
并不是躺下来流泪:
Your girl is well contented.
你的姑娘心满意足。
   Be still, my lad, and sleep.
安心吧,朋友,安心地睡。

“Is my friend hearty,
“我的朋友是否健康,
   Now I am thin and pine,
当我已枯萎凋零?
And has he found to sleep in
他可曾找到一张好床,
   A better bed than mine?”
比我的更为温馨?”

Yes, lad, I lie easy,
是的,我舒适地上床,
   I lie as lads would choose;
做青年人爱做的事情;
I cheer a dead man’s sweetheart,
我抚慰一个死者的对象——
   Never ask me whose.
切莫问她是谁的恋人。


添加译本