Long since, I lived beneath vast porticoes,
堂堂柱廊,我曾长期住在其中,
By many ocean-sunsets tinged and fired,
海的阳光给它涂上火色斑斑,
Where mighty pillars, in majestic rows,
那些巨大的石柱挺拔而庄严,
Seemed like basaltic caves when day expired.
晚上使柱廊就象那玄武岩洞。
The rolling surge that mirrored all the skies
海的涌浪滚动着天上的形象,
Mingled its music, turbulent and rich,
以隆重而神秘的方式混合着
Solemn and mystic, with the colours which
它们丰富的音乐之至上和谐
The setting sun reflected in my eyes.
与我眼中反射出的多彩夕阳。
And there I lived amid voluptuous calms,
那里,我在平静的快乐中悠游,
In splendours of blue sky and wandering wave,
周围是蓝天、海浪、色彩的壮丽,
Tended by many a naked, perfumed slave,
和浑身散发香气的裸体奴隶,
Who fanned my languid brow with waving palms.
他们用棕榈叶凉爽我的额头,
They were my slaves — the only care they had
他们唯一的关心是深入探悉
To know what secret grief had made me sad.
使我萎靡的那种痛苦的秘密。