A Former LifeFrank Pearce Sturm 译

从前的生活欧凡 译


Long since, I lived beneath vast porticoes,
我曾久宅于巍巍广厦,
By many ocean-sunsets tinged and fired,
披浴于海上阳光的火红,
Where mighty pillars, in majestic rows,
晚来,它们高挺的石柱
Seemed like basaltic caves when day expired.
使人恍如置身玄武岩洞。

The rolling surge that mirrored all the skies
海浪摇拨着蓝天的倒影,
Mingled its music, turbulent and rich,
庄严地,也略带秘诡,
Solemn and mystic, with the colours which
把宅于如乐的丰盈的至高谐音
The setting sun reflected in my eyes.
揉进映满我眼帘的夕晖。

And there I lived amid voluptuous calms,
我宅于斯,沉浸于欢忭无边,
In splendours of blue sky and wandering wave,
寄身于华彩,轻浪和蓝天,
Tended by many a naked, perfumed slave,
而遍体浸抹香油的裸奴

Who fanned my languid brow with waving palms.
拂我之额以棕榈叶的清凉,
They were my slaves — the only care they had
他们唯一操心的是加强
To know what secret grief had made me sad.
那折磨我的神秘的忧郁。


添加译本