Autumn SonnetRoy Campbell 译

陈敬容 译


Your eyes like crystal ask me, clear and mute,
你水晶似的明眸向我说:
"in me, strange lover, what do you admire?"
“我对你有什么好处,奇怪的爱人?”
Be lovely: hush: my heart, whom all things tire
——乖些,别作声;一切都使我的心
Except the candour of the primal brute,
激怒,除了原始野兽的真诚;

Would hide from you the secret burning it
它不愿向你袒示它阴暗的秘密,
And its black legend written out in fire,
一手招我沉睡的摇篮人;
O soother of the sleep that I respire!
也不愿给你看它的火焰写成的经历,
Passion I hate, and I am hurt by wit.
我恨热情,智慧又令我疲病不振;

Let us love gently. In his lair laid low,
我们默默地相爱吧。暗淡的、潜伏的爱情,
Ambushed in shades, Love strings his fatal bow.
在它的岗位上张着命运的弓,
I know his ancient arsenal complete,
我知道它古老的兵库里那些武器:

Crime, horror, lunacy — O my pale daisy!
罪恶、恐怖和疯狂!——-呵,苍白的雏菊!
Are we not suns in Autumn, silver-hazy,
你不也如我是一轮秋阳,
O my so white, so snow-cold Marguerite?
呵,我如此纯洁,如此无情的玛格丽?


添加译本