Yes, call me by my pet-name! let me hear
对啦,叫我的小名儿呀!让我再听见
The name I used to run at, when a child,
我一向飞奔著去答应的名字--那时,
From innocent play, and leave the cowslips plied,
还是个小女孩,无忧无虑,沉浸于
To glance up in some face that proved me dear
嬉戏,偶尔从一大堆野草野花间
With the look of its eyes. I miss the clear
抬起头来,仰望那用和蔼的眼
Fond voices which, being drawn and reconciled
抚爱我的慈颜。我失去了那仁慈
Into the music of Heaven’s undefiled,
亲切的呼唤,那灵衬给我的是
Call me no longer. Silence on the bier,
一片寂静,任凭我高呼著上天,
While I call God—call God!—so let thy mouth
那慈声归入了音乐华严的天国。
Be heir to those who are now exanimate.
让你的嘴来承继那寂灭的清音。
Gather the north flowers to complete the south,
采得北方的花,好完成南方的花束,
And catch the early love up in the late.
在迟暮的岁月里赶上早年的爱情。
Yes, call me by that name,—and I, in truth,
对啦,叫我的小名儿吧,我,就随即
With the same heart, will answer and not wait.
答应你,怀著当初一模样的心情。