出自密林深处的曙光,
Out of the mid-wood’s twilight
进入牧场的黎明,
Into the meadow’s dawn,
象牙的身躯,棕色的眼睛,
Ivory limbed and brown-eyed,
闪出了我的牧神!
Flashes my Faun!
他歌唱着蹦过灌木丛,
He skips through the copses singing,
影子也翩然起舞,
And his shadow dances along,
我不知该追随哪一个,
And I know not which I should follow,
影子还是歌声!
Shadow or song!
哦,猎人,帮我套住影子,
O Hunter, snare me his shadow!
哦,夜莺,帮我攫住歌声!
O Nightingale, catch me his strain!
否则,被音乐和疯狂纠缠的我
Else moonstruck with music and madness
徒然在把他追踪。
I track him in vain!