In me, past, present, future meet
在我心内,过去,现在,未来交集
To hold long chiding conference.
商讨聚会,各执一词,纷扰不息
My lusts usurp the present tense
种种欲望,为我夺下现在时态
And strangle Reason in his seat.
把理性扼杀于座椅
My loves leap through the future’s fence
我的爱情,跳过未来的藩篱
To dance with dream-enfranchised feet.
梦想解放出它们的双脚,舞蹈不停
In me the cave-man clasps the seer,
在我心内,穴居人攫取了先知
And garlanded Apollo goes
阿波罗神,戴着花环,走来
Chanting to Abraham’s deaf ear.
向聋耳的亚拉伯罕吟唱叹歌
In me the tiger sniffs the rose.
Look in my heart, kind friends, and tremble,
在我心内,猛虎细嗅着蔷薇
Since there your elements assemble.
探视我心,亲爱的朋友,你应颤栗
因为那里,才是你由来的构形