And how do you survive? Your long throat,
你怎么可能活下来?看你的长脖子,
your red-rag-to-a-bull head?
你的斗牛红布一样的头?
You rise heavy in the night, stars drinking
暗夜里你沉甸甸地高扬,星星
from your poppy neck.
从你罂粟的颈中畅饮。
Your henna silks serenade me
你的花饰绸缎为我奏出小夜曲
under the breadth of the Pyrenees.
在宽阔的庇里牛斯山脚。
You move like an opera,
你像歌剧演员一样动作,
open like sea anemones.
像海葵一样张开。
You are earth’s first blood.
你是大地的第一滴血。
How the birds love you,
鸟儿们给你太多的爱,
I envy your lipstick dress.
而我嫉妒你口红般的衣着。
You are urgent as airmail, animal red,
你如航空邮件般急切,动物一样红,
Ash Wednesday crosses tattooed on your head.
圣灰星期三的十字架刺在你的额头。
Your butterfly breath
你蝴蝶的呼吸
releases your scents, your secrets,
释放你的气息,你的秘密,
bees blackening your mouth
蜂儿让你的嘴变成黑洞
as your dirty red laundry
当漫山遍野
all hangs out.
晾晒着你脏红的衣衫。