The CityPeter Green 译

城市段若川 罗海燕 译


You said: “I’ll find a new land, find another sea—
你说:“我一定能找到另一座更美的城市,
A new city’ll turn up, a better one than this.
另一块土地,另一片海洋,
Every effort I make is condemned, turns out amiss,
因为我在这里的每一次努力都注定失败,
While my heart, like a corpse, lies buried deep,
我的心在死亡,
And my mind—how long will my mind stay sunk in stagnant sleep?
就像我无限忧伤的思绪一样。
Here, wherever I look, wherever I turn my gaze
回顾往昔,只看到我生活中阴暗的废墟,
I see the blackened wreck of all my days,
还有在这里度过或荒废的时光。”
So many years spent, ruined, lost by me.”


你将找不到另一块土地和另一片海洋,
There are no new places you’ll find, you’ll catch no other tide.
这座城市将永远在你心底埋藏。
This city will follow you. The streets you tread
你将回到原来的街巷。
Will be the same, it’s in these same houses your head
你将在原来的市郊衰老;
Will turn grey, in the same neighborhoods that you’ll age.
在原来的房屋变得白发苍苍。
Always you’ll end up in this city. Don’t hope to turn the page
因为城市总是那同一座,你不必另外寻找。
To an Elsewhere for which there’s no ship for you, no road shows clear.
——因为它不存在,既没有通路也没有舟桨。
Just as you destroyed your life back here
在这里失去的生活,
In this tiny retreat, so you ruined it world-wide.
你已经将它毁掉,在整个大地上。


添加译本