The CityPeter Green 译

城市黄灿然 译


You said: “I’ll find a new land, find another sea—
你说:“我要去另一个国家,另一片海岸,
A new city’ll turn up, a better one than this.
寻找另一个比这里好的城市。
Every effort I make is condemned, turns out amiss,
无论我做什么,结果总是事与愿违。
While my heart, like a corpse, lies buried deep,
而我的心灵被埋没,好像一件死去的东西。
And my mind—how long will my mind stay sunk in stagnant sleep?
我枯竭的思想还能在这个地方维持多久?
Here, wherever I look, wherever I turn my gaze
无论我往哪里转,无论我往哪里瞧,
I see the blackened wreck of all my days,
我看到的都是我生命的黑色废墟,在这里,
So many years spent, ruined, lost by me.”
我虛度了很多年时光,很多年完全被我毁掉了。”

There are no new places you’ll find, you’ll catch no other tide.
你不会找到一个新的国家,不会找到另一片海岸。
This city will follow you. The streets you tread
这个城市会永远跟着你。你会走在同样的街道上,
Will be the same, it’s in these same houses your head
衰老在同样熟悉的地方,白发苍苍在同样这些屋子里。
Will turn grey, in the same neighborhoods that you’ll age.
你会永远发现自己还是在这个城市里。不要对别处的事物
Always you’ll end up in this city. Don’t hope to turn the page
抱什么希望:那里没有你的船,那里没有你的路。
To an Elsewhere for which there’s no ship for you, no road shows clear.
就像你已经在这里,在这个小小角落浪费了你的生命,
Just as you destroyed your life back here
你也已经在世界上任何一个地方毁掉了它。
In this tiny retreat, so you ruined it world-wide.


添加译本