The CityStratis Haviaras 译

城市刘淼 译


You said, “I will go to another place, to another shore.
你说,”我要去另一个国度,另一片海洋
Another city can be found that’s better than this.
去找另一个城市,比现在这个强
All that I struggle for is doomed, condemned to failure;
在这里我无论怎样努力,命运总是将我击败
and my heart is like a corpse interred.
它把我的心──像一具死尸那样──埋葬
How long will my mind stagger under this misery?
还要多久,我的灵魂才能摆脱这片荒野
Wherever I turn, wherever I look
举目四望,所见一切
I see the blackened ruins of my life,
无非是我生命的黑色废墟
which for years on end I squandered and wrecked and ravaged”.
那被我荒度和摧毁了的岁月”

You will find no other place, no other shores.
你找不到另一个国度,另一片海洋
This city will possess you, and you’ll wander the same
这城市将尾随着你。你逛的小巷还是同样的小巷
streets. In these same neighborhoods you’ll grow old;
你住在同样的街区上,生活、衰老
in these same houses you’ll turn gray.
住在同样的房子里,直至白发苍苍
Always you’ll return to this city. Don’t even hope for another.
你到达的城市永远是同一个。别指望别样──
There’s no boat for you, there’s no other way out.
没有船只等你起航,没有道路待你远行
In the way you’ve destroyed your life here,
在这个角落里你毁坏了你的生命
in this little corner, you’ve destroyed it everywhere else.
等于是在整个世界里毁坏了它


添加译本