城市刘淼 译

The CityGeorge Valassopoulo 译


你说,”我要去另一个国度,另一片海洋
You said: "I shall go to some other land, I shall go to some other sea.
去找另一个城市,比现在这个强
Another city there must be, better than this.
在这里我无论怎样努力,命运总是将我击败
My every effort here is a sentence of condemnation against me,
它把我的心──像一具死尸那样──埋葬
and my heart—like a corpse—lies buried.
还要多久,我的灵魂才能摆脱这片荒野
How long shall my mind remain smothered in this blight?
举目四望,所见一切
Wherever I turn my eye, wherever I look,
无非是我生命的黑色废墟
I see the black ruins of my life
那被我荒度和摧毁了的岁月”
where I spent and spoiled and ruined so many years."

你找不到另一个国度,另一片海洋
Fresh lands you shall not find, you shall not find other seas.
这城市将尾随着你。你逛的小巷还是同样的小巷
The city shall ever follow you.
你住在同样的街区上,生活、衰老
In streets you shall wander that are the same streets and
住在同样的房子里,直至白发苍苍
grow old in quarters that are the same
你到达的城市永远是同一个。别指望别样──
and among these very same houses you shall turn grey.
没有船只等你起航,没有道路待你远行
You shall always be returning to the city. Hope not;
在这个角落里你毁坏了你的生命
there is no ship to take you to other lands, there is no road.
等于是在整个世界里毁坏了它
You have so spoiled your life here in this tiny corner
that you have ruined it in all the world.


添加译本