城市刘淼 译

The City埃德蒙·基利, Philip Sherrard 译


你说,”我要去另一个国度,另一片海洋
You said: “I’ll go to another country, go to another shore,
去找另一个城市,比现在这个强
find another city better than this one.
在这里我无论怎样努力,命运总是将我击败
Whatever I try to do is fated to turn out wrong
它把我的心──像一具死尸那样──埋葬
and my heart lies buried like something dead.
还要多久,我的灵魂才能摆脱这片荒野
How long can I let my mind moulder in this place?
举目四望,所见一切
Wherever I turn, wherever I look,
无非是我生命的黑色废墟
I see the black ruins of my life, here,
那被我荒度和摧毁了的岁月”
where I’ve spent so many years, wasted them, destroyed them totally.”

你找不到另一个国度,另一片海洋
You won’t find a new country, won’t find another shore.
这城市将尾随着你。你逛的小巷还是同样的小巷
This city will always pursue you.
你住在同样的街区上,生活、衰老
You’ll walk the same streets, grow old
住在同样的房子里,直至白发苍苍
in the same neighborhoods, turn gray in these same houses.
你到达的城市永远是同一个。别指望别样──
You’ll always end up in this city. Don’t hope for things elsewhere:
没有船只等你起航,没有道路待你远行
there’s no ship for you, there’s no road.
在这个角落里你毁坏了你的生命
Now that you’ve wasted your life here, in this small corner,
等于是在整个世界里毁坏了它
you’ve destroyed it everywhere in the world.


添加译本