城市西川 译

The CityGeorge Valassopoulo 译


你说:“我要去另一块土地,我将去另一片大海。
You said: "I shall go to some other land, I shall go to some other sea.
另一座城市,比这更好的城市,将被发现。
Another city there must be, better than this.
我的每一项努力都是对命运的谴责;
My every effort here is a sentence of condemnation against me,
而我的心被埋葬了,像一具尸体。
and my heart—like a corpse—lies buried.
在这座荒原上,我的神思还要坚持多久?
How long shall my mind remain smothered in this blight?
无论我的脸朝向哪里,无论我的视线投向何方,
Wherever I turn my eye, wherever I look,
我在此看到的尽是我生命的黑色废墟。
I see the black ruins of my life
多年以来,我在此毁灭自己,虚掷自己。”
where I spent and spoiled and ruined so many years."

你会发现没有新的土地,你会发现没有别的大海。
Fresh lands you shall not find, you shall not find other seas.
这城市将尾随着你,你游荡的街道
The city shall ever follow you.
将一仍其旧,你老去,周围将是同样的邻居;
In streets you shall wander that are the same streets and
这些房屋也将一仍其旧,你将在其中白发丛生。
grow old in quarters that are the same
你将到达的永远是同一座城市,别指望还有他乡。
and among these very same houses you shall turn grey.
没有渡载你的船,没有供你行走的道路,
You shall always be returning to the city. Hope not;
你既已毁掉你的生活,在这小小的角落,
there is no ship to take you to other lands, there is no road.
你便已经毁掉了它,在整个世界。
You have so spoiled your life here in this tiny corner
that you have ruined it in all the world.


添加译本