Mock Orange路易丝·格吕克

山梅花柳向阳 译


It is not the moon, I tell you.
我告诉你:不是月亮。
It is these flowers
而是这些花
lighting the yard.
照亮了庭院。

I hate them.
我痛恨他们。
I hate them as I hate sex,
我痛恨他们正如我痛恨性,
the man’s mouth
那男人的嘴
sealing my mouth, the man’s
它封住了我的嘴,那男人的
paralyzing body—
身体,它让人瘫软——

and the cry that always escapes,
那总是躲闪的叫喊,
the low, humiliating
那下流的,让人羞辱的
premise of union—
结合的前提——

In my mind tonight
今夜在我的心里
I hear the question and pursuing answer
我听着质问,和萦绕不去的答案
fused in one sound
融化为一个声音,
that mounts and mounts and then
它上升,上升,然后
is split into the old selves,
被劈为许多陈旧的自我,
the tired antagonisms. Do you see?
疲惫的相互对抗。你看到了吗?
We were made fools of.
我们都被嘲弄。
And the scent of mock orange
而山梅花的香味
drifts through the window.
从窗户飘入。

How can I rest?
我怎么能休息?
How can I be content
我怎么能满足
when there is still
当这个世界上
that odor in the world?
仍然有那香味?


添加译本