多雨的九月得一忘二 译

In Rainy September罗伯特·勃莱(Robert Bly)


多雨的九月,当叶子低垂,日渐灰暗,
In rainy September when leaves grow down to the dark
我将前额伏在海藻腥涩的潮湿沙滩。
I put my forehead down to the damp seaweed-smelling sand.
时机已经到来。我已将选择的义务推迟了多年,
What can we do but choose? The only way for human beings
或许推迟了几生几世。蕨类没有选择,只是活着;
is to choose. The fern has no choice but to live;
就因为这罪过,它才承受大地、水和黑夜。
for this crime it receives earth water and night.

我们关上门。“我无权对你提出要求”。
we close the door. "I have no claim on you."
黄昏来临。“能与你共享这份爱情,已经足够”。
Dusk comes. "The love I have had with you is enough."
我们知道我们天各一方也能够生活。
We know we could live apart from the flock.
毕竟,秋沙鸭会离群孤飞。
The sheldrake floats apart from the flock.
橡树独自在孤山脚下将叶子脱落。
The oaktree puts out leaves alone on the lonely hillside.

我们之前的男男女女已经做到了这一点。
Men and women before us have accomplished this.
一年一次,我会去看你,你也能来见我。
I would see you and you me once a year.
我们是两颗谷粒,不会被播种发芽。
We would be two kernels and not be planted.
我们蛰伏在房间里,关着门,熄了灯。
We stay in the room door closed lights out.
我陪你一同抽泣,不以为羞,顾不得尊严。
I weep with you without shame and without honor.


添加译本