Basket of Figs艾伦·巴斯

一篮无花果唐小兵 译


Bring me your pain, love. Spread
向我敞开你心里的疼吧,亲爱的。把它
it out like fine rugs, silk sashes,
像精致的小地毯,像绸质饰带那样铺开,
warm eggs, cinnamon
像从粗麻布袋里掏出的热鸡蛋,桂皮香料,
and cloves in burlap sacks. Show me
和丁香花那样。把所有的细节

the detail, the intricate embroidery
都展示给我吧,领子处精美的
on the collar, tiny shell buttons,
绣花图案,细小的贝壳扣,
the hem stitched the way you were taught,
缝好的褶边,就像你学会的那样,
pricking just a thread, almost invisible.
只挑出了一根线,几乎看不见。

Unclasp it like jewels, the gold
像解开首饰那样解开它吧,金子
still hot from your body. Empty
仍然带着你的体温。把你篮子里的
your basket of figs. Spill your wine.
无花果倾倒出来。把酒洒出来。

That hard nugget of pain, I would suck it,
那一块硬硬的疼,我会用嘴来吮吸,
cradling it on my tongue like the slick
我的舌尖摇篮一样围抱着它
seed of pomegranate. I would lift it
就像一粒滑溜的石榴籽。我会

小心翼翼地拎起它,像一只大动物
tenderly, as a great animal might
张开秘密洞穴般的嘴
carry a small one in the private
叼起一只小动物。
cave of the mouth.


添加译本