我已经成人了。
I am a man now.
将手搭上我的额头吧。
Pass your hand over my brow.
这智力成长之处,你可摸摸它。
You can feel the place where the brains grow.
我像一棵树,
I am like a tree,
从这树顶我可以看出
From my top boughs I can see
那些引领我成长的脚步。
The footprints that led up to me.
有血在我的血管
There is blood in my veins
它已清除与如此多腰间
That has run clear of the stain
缔约的瑕斑。
Contracted in so many loins.
可是为何,我的两手红艳
Why, then, are my hands red
有如此多死人的血沾染?
With the blood of so many dead?
是否我已迷途在其间?
Is this where I was misled?
为何我的手如此顽梗
Why are my hands this way
不按我的指令而行?
That they will not do as I say?
难道我祈祷时没有上帝垂听?
Does no God hear when I pray?
我已无处可以向前
I have no where to go
疾速的众星彰显
The swift satellites show
我整个人的时钟迟缓,
The clock of my whole being is slow,
赶往心灵之外的那些目的地
It is too late to start
已然太迟。
For destinations not of the heart.
我只能满怀伤痛留在这里。
I must stay here with my hurt.