HereR·S·托马斯

这里大河原 译


I am a man now.
我已经成人了。
Pass your hand over my brow.
将手搭上我的额头吧。
You can feel the place where the brains grow.
这智力成长之处,你可摸摸它。

I am like a tree,
我像一棵树,
From my top boughs I can see
从这树顶我可以看出
The footprints that led up to me.
那些引领我成长的脚步。

There is blood in my veins
有血在我的血管
That has run clear of the stain
它已清除与如此多腰间
Contracted in so many loins.
缔约的瑕斑。

Why, then, are my hands red
可是为何,我的两手红艳
With the blood of so many dead?
有如此多死人的血沾染?
Is this where I was misled?
是否我已迷途在其间?

Why are my hands this way
为何我的手如此顽梗
That they will not do as I say?
不按我的指令而行?
Does no God hear when I pray?
难道我祈祷时没有上帝垂听?

I have no where to go
我已无处可以向前
The swift satellites show
疾速的众星彰显
The clock of my whole being is slow,
我整个人的时钟迟缓,

It is too late to start
赶往心灵之外的那些目的地
For destinations not of the heart.
已然太迟。
I must stay here with my hurt.
我只能满怀伤痛留在这里。


添加译本