爱情吴笛 译

Love (III)George Herbert


爱情对我表示出热忱的欢迎,
Love bade me welcome, yet my soul drew back,
灵魂却退缩,出于微贱和悔过,
Guilty of dust and sin.
但是,眼光极为锐利的爱情
But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack
自我进门就留意到我情绪低落,
From my first entrance in,
 于是走到我跟前,甜美地询问
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning
 我是否因缺少某些东西而烦闷。
If I lack'd anything.

我答道:“作为客人,值得来到这里。”
"A guest," I answer'd, "worthy to be here";
爱情说:“你正是我所需的宾客。”
Love said, "You shall be he."
“我是否无情无义?哦,亲爱的,
"I, the unkind, the ungrateful? ah my dear,
我甚至不敢正眼对你投过一瞥。”
I cannot look on thee."
 爱情拉住我的手,笑眯眯地答道:
Love took my hand and smiling did reply,
 “除了我,谁能将你的眼睛创造?”
"Who made the eyes but I?"

“的确如此,可是主啊,它们已受到损毁,
"Truth, Lord, but I have marr'd them; let my shame
让我的羞耻遭受应有的惩治。”
Go where it doth deserve."
爱情说:“你明知错不在你。谁该遭受谴责?”
"And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?"
“亲爱的,那么就让我来侍奉你。”
"My dear, then I will serve."
 主说:“你得坐下,将我血肉品尝。”
"You must sit down," says Love, "and taste my meat."
 于是我坐了下来,开始进餐。
So I did sit and eat.


添加译本