爱神欢迎我的到来,而我的灵魂却在退缩,
Love bade me welcome, yet my soul drew back,
蒙着浮世的灰尘与负罪的愧疚。
Guilty of dust and sin.
从我进门的那刻,
But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack
我那无精打采的神情,逃不过爱神雪亮的眼睛。
From my first entrance in,
她轻轻靠近,绵言细问,
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning
感觉有何欠缺。
If I lack'd anything.
“一位客人,” 我说,“ 配得上当你的宾客的人。”
"A guest," I answer'd, "worthy to be here";
爱神说:“你将会是那位宾客。”
Love said, "You shall be he."
“我,如此冷酷无情、忘恩负义的人?啊,亲爱的,
"I, the unkind, the ungrateful? ah my dear,
我无法直视你。”
I cannot look on thee."
爱神拉起我的手,嫣然回应:
Love took my hand and smiling did reply,
“无我何来明眸?”
"Who made the eyes but I?"
“上帝啊,老天爷,但我毁损了其完美;让我心中羞愧
"Truth, Lord, but I have marr'd them; let my shame
得到其应有的惩罚吧。”
Go where it doth deserve."
“我知道这不是你的错,”爱神说,
"And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?"
“谁该背负这种罪名呢?”
"My dear, then I will serve."
“亲爱的,既然如此,我愿为你效劳。”
"You must sit down," says Love, "and taste my meat."
“你定当就坐,”爱神说,“细品我的生命。”
So I did sit and eat.
于是我坐下,品尝这爱的宴席。