Over the still world, a bird calls
寂静的世界,鸟在鸣叫
waking solitary among black boughs.
独自在黑色的粗树枝上行走
You wanted to be born; I let you be born.
你想要来临;我便让你来临。
When has my grief ever gotten
我的悲伤曾几何时
in the way of your pleasure?
妨碍了你的快乐?
Plunging ahead
在坠落之前
into the dark and light at the same time
我同时进入光与暗
eager for sensation
急于感知
as though you were some new thing, wanting
仿佛你是什么新事物
to express yourselves
想要
去表达你自己
all brilliance, all vivacity
一切的辉煌,一切的活泼
never thinking
this would cost you anything,
从未想过
never imagining the sound of my voice
这会让你失去所有
as anything but part of you—
从未想过我的嗓音
不是来自你身体的一部分——
you won't hear it in the other world,
not clearly again,
你在另一个世界里无法听见,
not in birdcall or human cry,
它模糊,并且
不是鸟叫或哭声,
not the clear sound, only
persistent echoing
不是一个具体的声音,只有
in all sound that means good-bye, good-bye—
持续的回声
所有的声音都表示再—见,再—见—
the one continuous line
that binds us to each other.
一条连续的线
它把我们彼此束缚在一起。