In Memoriam A. H. H. OBIIT MDCCCXXXIII: 130丁尼生

悼念集(130)张定浩 译


Thy voice is on the rolling air;
你的声音在滚动的风里;
    I hear thee where the waters run;
      我听见你,在流逝的水里;
    Thou standest in the rising sun,
      你站在初升的太阳中,
And in the setting thou art fair.
在落日中的你如此美丽。

What art thou then? I cannot guess;
如今你是什么?我难以猜测;
    But tho' I seem in star and flower
      尽管我似乎在星辰和花朵中
    To feel thee some diffusive power,
      感受到你不断向外扩展的力,
I do not therefore love thee less:
这并不能削弱我对你的爱:

My love involves the love before;
我的爱将往昔之爱尽数吸纳;
    My love is vaster passion now;
      如今又成为更阔大的深情;
    Tho' mix'd with God and Nature thou,
      尽管你已同上帝和自然融为一体,
I seem to love thee more and more.
我却似乎越来越爱你。

Far off thou art, but ever nigh;
你已远去,又永在我身旁;
    I have thee still, and I rejoice;
      我仍然拥有你,并为此喜悦;
    I prosper, circled with thy voice;
      我成熟,在你声音的怀抱里;
I shall not lose thee tho' I die.
即使我死去,也不再会失去你。


添加译本