我还没起床的时候邮递员来了。
The postman comes when I am still in bed.
“邮递员,今天你给我带来了什么?”
“Postman, what do you have for me today?”
我对他说。(但其实我在床上。)
I say to him. (But really I’m in bed.)
然后他说——我指望他说什么?
Then he says - what shall I have him say?
“这封信里说你是总统
“This letter says that you are president
——这个词的;是一个共和国。”
Of - this word here; it’s a republic.”
“跟他们说我不能马上答复。”
Tell them I can’t answer right away.
“那是你的职责。”“不,我宁愿生病。”
“It’s your duty.” No, I’d rather just be sick.
接着他跟我说有几封信,里面
Then he tells me there are letters saying everything
有我能想到并想要他们说的一切。
That I can think of that I want for them to say.
我说:“好吧,非常感谢。再见。”
I say, “Well, thank you very much. Good-bye.”
他有点不好意思,之后就转身走了。
He is ashamed, and turns and walks away.
要是我能想到,就不是我想要的。
If I can think of it, it isn’t what I want.
我想……我想要一艘来自附近某个星球的飞船
I want . . . I want a ship from some near star
停落在院子里,然后有人从里面出来,
To land in the yard, and beings to come out
我自说自话:“那么这就是你的所在,
And think to me: “So this is where you are!
来吧!”只可惜他们不会来,
Come.” Except that they won’t do,
我想到他们……然而一定在某个地方
I thought of them. . . . And yet somewhere there must be
存在某些不同于“一切”的东西
Something that’s different from everything.
以至于我永远想不起——想不起我自己!
All that I’ve never thought of - think of me!