Still I try to remember when you first caught
我依然记得你第一次着起了
fire, the barely visible flames about shoulders and arms
火,几乎看不见的火苗在肩头和臂膀
accentuating everything you touched, and I first saw
显亮出你触碰到的一切,我也第一次看透
through words into their origins and hearts. I watched
词语,进入它们的源起与核心。我看着
you reach for a glass dissolving in air, while your
你伸向一只在空气中消散的玻璃杯,当你的
sight tore holes in an April world drowning
视线将一个淹没于雨水和花朵的四月世界
in rain and flowers. We walked through a park where
撕开许多孔洞。我们走过一个公园,在那里
you stuck your hand in a young retriever's mouth, feeling
你把手卡进一条小猎犬的口中,感受那
the hot pink gums and new teeth, while a little girl
热热的粉红牙床和新生的牙齿,还有一个小女孩
wearing a ladybug cape swooped, singing over the grass
穿着瓢虫斗篷飘落,在青草上唱歌,
as bees droned is, is over the jonquils. We drove
就像一只蜜蜂嗡,嗡地飞过水仙花。我们开车
to the country and walked through fields and meadows
去乡下,走过田野和牧场
and stood beneath an orchard's new gauze where you
站在果园崭新的一张轻纱之下,你
talked of the past, picking chunks of time like invisible
说起了过去,捡起一块块时间宛如看不见的
fruit, and I could feel the rivers and trees engrave us.
果实,而我能感觉到河流与树木在刻蚀我们。
We entered a half-built house, flooded with sky, and you
我们走进一座还未建成的房子,它被天空淹没,你
said, "There, there and there bodies will blossom."
说:“那里,那里和那里,身体将会盛开。”
I remember how it began to rain but you did not get
我记得雨是怎样下起来的,你却没有
wet. How the fragrant wood smelled like a ripening fruit.
淋湿。芳香的树林闻着像一个正在成熟的果子。
The sun came out as the evening grew long, and where
太阳升起正如暮晚伸长,你躺下
you lay down in the field to sleep there was only a red glow
在田野里睡去的地方仅有一束红光
resembling coals in a fire, a warmth I can feel, even now.
好似火中的煤,令我温暖,直到如今。