My Shoes查尔斯·西米克(Čarls Simić)

我的鞋李晖 译


Shoes, secret face of my inner life:
鞋,我内部生命隐秘的脸,
Two gaping toothless mouths,
两只张开的没牙齿的嘴,
Two partly decomposed animal skins
两块部分腐烂的动物的皮
Smelling of mice nests.
散发着老鼠窝的气味。

My brother and sister who died at birth
在你们里面继续他们存在的
Continuing their existence in you,
出生即死去的我的兄妹,
Guiding my life
引领着我的生命
Toward their incomprehensible innocence.
朝向他们无法理解的纯贞。

What use are books to me
书籍于我又有何用
When in you it is possible to read
如果在你们里面也可以领会
The Gospel of my life on earth
我尘世生命的福音,以及
And still beyond, of things to come?
仍遥远的、未来的事情?

I want to proclaim the religion
我要宣扬我为你们完美的谦卑
I have devised for your perfect humility
而发明的宗教,
And the strange church I am building
以及我正建造的以你们
With you as the altar.
为圣坛的奇异的教堂。

Ascetic and maternal, you endure:
禁欲而母性,你们忍受着:
Kin to oxen, to Saints, to condemned men,
牛、圣徒、死刑犯的亲属,
With your mute patience, forming
以你们喑哑的耐性,塑造着
The only true likeness of myself.
我自己唯一真实的写照。


添加译本