Shoes, secret face of my inner life:
鞋,我内心生活的隐秘脸庞
Two gaping toothless mouths,
两张没牙齿的大嘴
Two partly decomposed animal skins
两张腐烂的动物皮
Smelling of mice nests.
闻起来像耗子窝
My brother and sister who died at birth
我那出生时夭折的哥哥姐姐
Continuing their existence in you,
在你里面继续生存
Guiding my life
把我的生命
Toward their incomprehensible innocence.
引向他们谜一般的纯真
What use are books to me
书本对我有什么用?
When in you it is possible to read
在你里面,我可以读到
The Gospel of my life on earth
我尘世生活的福音
And still beyond, of things to come?
以及死后发生的一切
I want to proclaim the religion
基于你完美的谦逊
I have devised for your perfect humility
我设计出一种宗教
And the strange church I am building
我要建一所奇怪的教堂
With you as the altar.
把你奉在神坛上
Ascetic and maternal, you endure:
你忍耐着,既严刻又温柔
Kin to oxen, to Saints, to condemned men,
与牛群,圣徒,有罪的人亲近
With your mute patience, forming
你忍耐着,沉默不语
The only true likeness of myself.
成为我最真实的模样