Shoes, secret face of my inner life:
鞋子,我内心生活的隐秘面孔:
Two gaping toothless mouths,
两张张开的无牙的嘴,
Two partly decomposed animal skins
两张部分腐烂的动物的皮
Smelling of mice nests.
闻到老鼠窝的味儿。
My brother and sister who died at birth
出生时死去的兄弟姐妹
Continuing their existence in you,
继续在我体内活着,
Guiding my life
指导我的生活
Toward their incomprehensible innocence.
步入他们难以理解的纯真。
What use are books to me
书对我有何用
When in you it is possible to read
当你们附我身阅读
The Gospel of my life on earth
我在地上生活的福音
And still beyond, of things to come?
什么事情能够超越?
I want to proclaim the religion
我想赞美神
I have devised for your perfect humility
我为完美的虔诚规划
And the strange church I am building
还有在建的教堂
With you as the altar.
它以你们为祭。
Ascetic and maternal, you endure:
如苦行僧和母性,你承受:
Kin to oxen, to Saints, to condemned men,
亲近牛,圣徒,被定罪的人,
With your mute patience, forming
用你沉默的耐性,塑造
The only true likeness of myself.
我唯一真实的面容。