You're shivering my memory.
哦,我的记忆,你在颤抖
You went out early and coatless
你一早出门,外衣都没穿
To visit your old schoolmasters.
去看你的老师们
The cruel schoolmasters
残忍的老师和他们的宠物猴子
And their pet monkeys.
你拐了一个错误的弯
你遇上灰色日子的军队
You took a wrong turn somewhere.
前进中的岁月的幽灵军队
You met an army of gray days,
他们给你吃的面包
A ghost army of years on the march.
你要用一生去咀嚼
It must have been the slop they ladled you
The ditch-water they made you drink.
你发现自己又在那条街上
那间租来的小房里
You found yourself again on that street,
只有一扇落满灰的窗
Inside that narrow room
外面,雪无声落下
With a single dusty window.
一直下,一直下,好多天
Outside it was snowing as in a dream.
你病了躺在床上
You were ill and in bed.
大家都去上班
The whole world was absent at work.
隔壁有个瞎眼的老女人
The blind old woman next door
在那个夏天莫名其妙地死了
Whose sighs and shufles you'd welcome
你此刻该欢迎
Had died mysteriously in the summer.
她的叹息与沉重的脚步声
You had your own breath to listen to.
你听自己的心跳
You were perfectly alone and anonymous.
你独自一人,无名无姓
It would have taken months for anyone
几个月后人们才开始
To begin to miss you. The chill
想念你。寒冷
Made you pull the covers up to the chin.
使你把床单拉到下巴边
You remembered the lost arctic voyagers,
你想起在北极迷途的航海者
The snow erasing their footprints.
夜晚的雪擦掉他们的足迹
You had no money and no prospects in sight.
你没钱,没工作
Both of your lungs were hurting.
你的两片肺叶疼痛,然而
You had no intention of lifting a fingen
你不愿伸出指头
To help yourself. You were immortal.
帮你自己。你不会死!
外面,同样的黑雪
一直下,一直下
你研究着有裂缝的墙
天花板上地图般的水渍
试图在脑子里勾勒它的城市与河流
时间在黄昏停止
想到这巨大的幸福
你浑身颤栗