哦,我的记忆,你在颤抖
You're shivering my memory.
你一早出门,外衣都没穿
You went out early and coatless
去看你的老师们
To visit your old schoolmasters.
残忍的老师和他们的宠物猴子
The cruel schoolmasters
你拐了一个错误的弯
And their pet monkeys.
你遇上灰色日子的军队
前进中的岁月的幽灵军队
You took a wrong turn somewhere.
他们给你吃的面包
You met an army of gray days,
你要用一生去咀嚼
A ghost army of years on the march.
It must have been the slop they ladled you
你发现自己又在那条街上
The ditch-water they made you drink.
那间租来的小房里
只有一扇落满灰的窗
You found yourself again on that street,
外面,雪无声落下
Inside that narrow room
一直下,一直下,好多天
With a single dusty window.
你病了躺在床上
Outside it was snowing as in a dream.
大家都去上班
You were ill and in bed.
隔壁有个瞎眼的老女人
The whole world was absent at work.
在那个夏天莫名其妙地死了
The blind old woman next door
你此刻该欢迎
Whose sighs and shufles you'd welcome
她的叹息与沉重的脚步声
Had died mysteriously in the summer.
你听自己的心跳
You had your own breath to listen to.
你独自一人,无名无姓
You were perfectly alone and anonymous.
几个月后人们才开始
It would have taken months for anyone
想念你。寒冷
To begin to miss you. The chill
使你把床单拉到下巴边
Made you pull the covers up to the chin.
你想起在北极迷途的航海者
You remembered the lost arctic voyagers,
夜晚的雪擦掉他们的足迹
The snow erasing their footprints.
你没钱,没工作
You had no money and no prospects in sight.
你的两片肺叶疼痛,然而
Both of your lungs were hurting.
你不愿伸出指头
You had no intention of lifting a fingen
帮你自己。你不会死!
To help yourself. You were immortal.
外面,同样的黑雪
一直下,一直下
你研究着有裂缝的墙
天花板上地图般的水渍
试图在脑子里勾勒它的城市与河流
时间在黄昏停止
想到这巨大的幸福
你浑身颤栗