Sonnet 123威廉·莎士比亚

十四行诗123刘道沖 译


No! Time, thou shalt not boast that I do change:
不,时间,你莫吹嘘说我在变迁:
Thy pyramids built up with newer might
你用新的威力筑起的巨塔高楼
To me are nothing novel, nothing strange;
对我而言毫不奇异,毫不新鲜;
They are but dressings of a former sight.
不过是从前的场面披上了新裘。
Our dates are brief, and therefore we admire

What thou dost foist upon us that is old;
我们寿数短暂,所以才会爱慕
And rather make them born to our desire
你强行兜售给我们的那些旧事;
Than think that we before have heard them told.
宁愿当它们是应我们心愿而出,
Thy registers and thee I both defy,
却不想我们早听过那滥调陈词。
Not wondering at the present nor the past,

For thy records and what we see doth lie,
对你和你的记载我要一起违抗,
Made more or less by thy continual haste.
对当前以及过去并不大惊小怪,
   This I do vow and this shall ever be;
因为你所记和我所见无非扯谎,
   I will be true despite thy scythe and thee.
此消或彼长总缘于你飞驰不怠。

我立此为誓,我将永远真诚,
才不怕你和你的镰刀的刃锋。


添加译本