十四行诗123刘道沖 译

Sonnet 123威廉·莎士比亚


不,时间,你莫吹嘘说我在变迁:
No! Time, thou shalt not boast that I do change:
你用新的威力筑起的巨塔高楼
Thy pyramids built up with newer might
对我而言毫不奇异,毫不新鲜;
To me are nothing novel, nothing strange;
不过是从前的场面披上了新裘。
They are but dressings of a former sight.

Our dates are brief, and therefore we admire
我们寿数短暂,所以才会爱慕
What thou dost foist upon us that is old;
你强行兜售给我们的那些旧事;
And rather make them born to our desire
宁愿当它们是应我们心愿而出,
Than think that we before have heard them told.
却不想我们早听过那滥调陈词。
Thy registers and thee I both defy,

Not wondering at the present nor the past,
对你和你的记载我要一起违抗,
For thy records and what we see doth lie,
对当前以及过去并不大惊小怪,
Made more or less by thy continual haste.
因为你所记和我所见无非扯谎,
   This I do vow and this shall ever be;
此消或彼长总缘于你飞驰不怠。
   I will be true despite thy scythe and thee.

我立此为誓,我将永远真诚,
才不怕你和你的镰刀的刃锋。


添加译本