Walking into wind, I lean into my mother's muskrat coat;
钻进母亲的那件麝鼠大衣,我们走进风里;
around the cuffs her wristbones have worn away the fur.
她的腕骨已将袖口的绒毛磨尽。
If we stood still we'd disappear. There's no up or down,
只要一停下脚步,我们就会立刻消失。一马平川,
no houses with their windows lit. The only noise is wind
也没有亮着窗户的房屋。只有风,还有我们体内的
and what's inside us. When we get home my father
声响。等我们到家的时候,父亲
will be there or not. No one ever looks for us.
也许在,也许不在。从来没有谁来找过我们。
I could lie down and stay right here where snow is all
我真想躺下,就在那儿静静地躺着,周围只有雪
that happens, and silence isn't loneliness just cold
在下。沉默倒不是因为孤单,只是冷
not talking. My mother tugs at me and won't let go.
不说话。母亲用力拉着我,不肯松手。但后来
Then stops to find her bearings. In our hoods of stars
连她也停下来,给自己找了个小窝。在星星做成的
we don't know if anyone will understand
屋顶下,我们并不知道,有没有人听得懂
the tongue we speak, so far we are from home.
我们说了些什么,在离家这么远的地方。