NovemberMargaret Atwood

十一月祭祀 译


i
I

这头兽屈着膝
This creature kneeling
以雪蒙尘,它的牙齿磨碾着
dusted with snow, its teeth
如古老石头发自河底的声音。
grinding together, sound of old stones

at the bottom of a river
你将它拉入畜棚

我手持提灯
You lugged it to the barn
我们伏下身子趴在它身前
I held the lantern,
就好像它正在诞生。
we leaned over it
II
as if it were being born.
这只羊倒悬于绳子之上
ii
仿如一条长长的,充盈着羊毛的果实,腐烂着

它静候着死亡的马车来丰收它。
The sheep hangs upside down from the rope,

a long fruit covered with wool and rotting.
哀郁的十一月
It waits for the dead wagon
这竟是你为我织造的景象:
to harvest it.
一只亡羊从你的脑子里跑了出来

这仅此的遗赠。
Mournful November

this is the image
杀掉你所无法挽救的
you invent for me,
扔掉你所无法咀嚼的
the dead sheep came out of your head, a legacy.
葬掉你所无法扔掉的

Kill what you can't save
送掉你所无法葬掉的
what you can't eat throw out
你必须背负着你所送不掉的
what you can't throw out bury
它总是比你想的要沉。

What you can't bury give away
what you can't give away you must carry with you,
it is always heavier than you thought.


添加译本