十一月祭祀 译

NovemberMargaret Atwood


I
i
这头兽屈着膝

以雪蒙尘,它的牙齿磨碾着
This creature kneeling
如古老石头发自河底的声音。
dusted with snow, its teeth

grinding together, sound of old stones
你将它拉入畜棚
at the bottom of a river
我手持提灯

我们伏下身子趴在它身前
You lugged it to the barn
就好像它正在诞生。
I held the lantern,
II
we leaned over it
这只羊倒悬于绳子之上
as if it were being born.
仿如一条长长的,充盈着羊毛的果实,腐烂着
ii
它静候着死亡的马车来丰收它。


The sheep hangs upside down from the rope,
哀郁的十一月
a long fruit covered with wool and rotting.
这竟是你为我织造的景象:
It waits for the dead wagon
一只亡羊从你的脑子里跑了出来
to harvest it.
这仅此的遗赠。


Mournful November
杀掉你所无法挽救的
this is the image
扔掉你所无法咀嚼的
you invent for me,
葬掉你所无法扔掉的
the dead sheep came out of your head, a legacy.

送掉你所无法葬掉的
Kill what you can't save
你必须背负着你所送不掉的
what you can't eat throw out
它总是比你想的要沉。
what you can't throw out bury

What you can't bury give away
what you can't give away you must carry with you,
it is always heavier than you thought.


添加译本