在那个时刻光诸 译

At the MomentJoyce Sutphen


突然间,我不再思考爱情,
Suddenly, I stopped thinking about Love,
多年来这是我思考的唯一问题,
after so many years of only that,
除此之外一切都无关紧要。
after thinking that nothing else mattered.

当我停止思考爱情,
And what was I thinking of when I stopped
我会思考什么?死亡,当然——
thinking about Love? Death, of course—what else
还有什么可以取代爱情的位置?还有什么具有这样的力量?
could take Love’s place? What else could hold such force?

我在想死亡曾经看来多么遥远,
I thought about how far away Death once
当它降临在我相当熟悉的人身上时,
had seemed, how unexpected that it could
我感到多么突然,
happen to someone I knew quite well,

我在想无论如何它都不会是一件平常事,
how impossible that this should be the
不会自然而然如秋霜冬雪。我在想
normal thing, as natural as frost and
当我们老去会是什么样子,
winter. I thought about the way we’d aged,

皮肤如何陷落在皱纹中,眼睛
how skin fell into wrinkles, how eyes grew
如何变模糊;然后(当然)
dim; then (of course) my love, I thought of you.
我想起了你,我的爱人。


添加译本