我知道那些星星的名字,
I know the stars by their names,
金牛、天鹰,
Aldebaran, Altair,
我知道他们所经的路径
And I know the path they take
登上广阔碧蓝的天梯。
Up heaven's broad blue stair.
我明白男人们的秘密
I know the secrets of men
透过他们的眼睛,
By the look of their eyes,
他们灰暗的想法,他们古怪的思绪
Their gray thoughts, their strange thoughts
让我悲哀又聪明。
Have made me sad and wise.
但你的眼睛对我而言深不可测
But your eyes are dark to me
尽管他们似乎在呼唤了又呼唤——
Though they seem to call and call—
我仍无法判断你是爱我
I cannot tell if you love me
还是根本没有动心。
Or do not love me at all.
我懂得很多事情,
I know many things,
但是年岁来来去去,
But the years come and go,
我至死无法得知的答案
I shall die not knowing
却始终憧憬。
The thing I long to know.